To provide an experience for young men and women to immerse themselves in an under-resourced community by serving the city, living intentionally and growing personally & professionally.
Our vision is humungous…to renew cities by fighting poverty with passion! However, we believe that cities are transformed through transformed people; people with a common cause, mission and commitment. Our residency is aimed at creating an environment where residents experience personal growth and develop into leaders who are agents of change in urban centers across the United States.
– Residents will work full-time for Triple Threat Mentoring at one of its two locations (Aurora, IL or Santa Ana, CA)
– Serve together. Residents will work together to come up with ways to serve their neighbors and community, and then they will actually do it! This will happen once a month.
– Live intentionally with 4-5 residents for 3, 6, 12, or 24 month terms.
– Hang together and schedule a time each month to simply have fun.
– Eat together. Residents will share one meal together during the week to check-in, review the house calendar, develop plans for serving their neighbors and resolve any conflict.
– Meet regularly with a mentor for personal and professional growth. Mentors are leaders in their community that have a passion for investing in the lives of others. Residents will meet with their mentors regularly (at least bi-weekly) for around an hour. Mentors primary aim is to simply come along side the residents and help them get where they desire to go.
– Bi-Monthly Resident/Mentor HANG. It might be dinner, a movie, or a ballgame. The only rule is that it has to be fun!
– Bi-monthly Resident/Mentor DEVELOP to hear from a guest speaker who will share on a pertinent topic with the residents and then facilitate discussion.
– Retreat. The Residency will kick off with a retreat and culminate with a capstone retreat at the end.
To apply for The House residency program, fill out the internship form below and make sure to attach your resume!
Frequently Asked Questions About The House
The House invites residents between the ages of 21 and 29. Special exceptions are occasionally made for residents participating in The House for college internship credit.
Currently we have openings in Aurora, IL (Chicago area) and Santa Ana, CA (Los Angeles area).
Residents are placed in a location based upon a combination of the desire of the resident, needs of the location and fit in the houses. Residents will apply for a specific location but may be asked to consider an alternative one.
We are looking for young men and women who are willing to commit one year to serve the city, live intentionally and grow as a leader. The characteristics we are looking for in residents are selflessness, humility, authenticity, social responsibility and a willingness to be a team-player.
Residents serve as coordinators in several different areas. Depending on the resident’s passions, experience and gifts he/she may serve on one of our following teams:
- Urban Farm
- Studio Recording
Our flagship residency track is eleven months. We also offer summer and semester tracks for those participating for college internship credit. There is also a second-year option for those who desire to continue their residency experience with greater responsibility and incentives.
The House 2nd Year is for those who wish to continue their experience with 3T and have been identified as exemplary residents. The 2nd year resident will have increased responsibilities as well as increased incentives such as an increased stipend and a professional leadership coach.
Chicago: August 1 – June 30
Los Angeles: July 1 – May 30