To provide an experience for young men and women to immerse themselves in an under-resourced community by serving the city, living intentionally and growing personally & professionally.
Our vision is humungous…to renew cities by fighting poverty with passion! However, we believe that cities are transformed through transformed people; people with a common cause, mission and commitment. Our residency is aimed at creating an environment where residents experience personal growth and develop into leaders who are agents of change in urban centers across the United States.
– Residents will work full-time for Triple Threat Mentoring at one of its two locations (Aurora, IL or Santa Ana, CA)
– Serve together. Residents will work together to come up with ways to serve their neighbors and community, and then they will actually do it! This will happen once a month.
– Live intentionally with 4-5 residents for 3, 6, 12, or 24 month terms.
– Hang together and schedule a time each month to simply have fun.
– Eat together. Residents will share one meal together during the week to check-in, review the house calendar, develop plans for serving their neighbors and resolve any conflict.
– Meet regularly with a mentor for personal and professional growth. Mentors are leaders in their community that have a passion for investing in the lives of others. Residents will meet with their mentors regularly (at least bi-weekly) for around an hour. Mentors primary aim is to simply come along side the residents and help them get where they desire to go.
– Bi-Monthly Resident/Mentor HANG. It might be dinner, a movie, or a ballgame. The only rule is that it has to be fun!
– Bi-monthly Resident/Mentor DEVELOP to hear from a guest speaker who will share on a pertinent topic with the residents and then facilitate discussion.
– Retreat. The Residency will kick off with a retreat and culminate with a capstone retreat at the end.